Friday, July 14, 2017

Everyday Adventures - Day 11 - A View From The Water

elusivelaurie shared on Instagram #EverydayAdventures2017
A view from the water.  Not a view of the water, or a view from the water's edge, a view from the water.  A difficult task on a workday, but I was determined to make it work.  

It took me a while to figure out how I was going to do it. My schedule eliminated my initial ideas.  Paddle boarding, a ferry ride, and begging friends for a boating excursion were all out. Eventually, I remembered that there are three beaches quite close to my workplace. I sometimes go to those beaches on my lunch break, but I rarely get out of the car. Most of the time I sit and watch the waves while I eat my lunch.  It had never occurred to me that I might get out of the car and into the waves.

I'm so glad it did occur to me. It was a stellar day for the beach. I waded around in the water for about a half an hour before returning to work smiling and secretly sporting sand between my toes.







Professional, black, knee-length dress.  Five fingers. I didn't look strange at all. I also didn't care.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen