Sunday, March 8, 2020

Open to Question


There are a lot of questions in this week's plan.  I'm not sure how far meals will stretch leftover-wise.  I may need to rely on items from the freezer for our lunches, but I have the feeling the cabbage and tofu and the lentil stew will go further than I'm anticipating.  

I like it when questions have such yummy answers!

You will notice I'm  finally making the salmon cakes I had planned waaaayyyy back in JANUARY.  Thankfully the majority of the ingredients are shelf-stable.  The the cakes freeze well too, so double win!

There was a good sale on broccoli this week, so I bought lots.  The stalks and some of the florets went into last Thursday's unplanned broccoli soup, some will be roasted and served as a side with salmon cakes (and cherry tomatoes - there are still cherry tomatoes!).  The rest will become something for dinner on Thursday.  I haven't decided what yet.  Maybe I'll stir-fry it with some carrots and chicken. Maybe I'll stuff it into baked potatoes.  Maybe I'll make a frittata.  Maybe I'll make broccoli mac and cheese.  Or maybe by then the broccoli will be a slimy puddle in the bottom of my fridge.  I hope not, because all those things sound wonderful.  It's going to be hard to decide what to make.

(*Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen