Friday, March 13, 2020

Helplessness Help


COVID-19 has replaced the weather as the small-talk topic of choice.  I already struggle with small-talk, so I'm finding this new trend to be particularly exhausting.  As a distraction, I popped over to one of my favourite food sites for relief.

Seriously,  the Kitchn is a wonderful place to spend some time.  I highly recommend it.  Even when the one the first things I spotted was an article about coronavirus.

Though it wasn't what I was looking for, I read the article to the end. I'm glad I did. It gave me a simple solution to the helplessness I think many of us are feeling: donate to your local food bank.

I have already done so, and, if you are able, I hope you will too.  Our food bank accepts online monetary donations. Perfect for us stressed-out introverts. I was able to act out of kindness instead of fear, I got a tax receipt and I didn't have to leave the house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen