Sunday, July 26, 2020

Meal Plan July 26 - August 1

Eek!  In a week it will be August!  I feel like I've misplaced several months.  At least it feels a bit more like summer here.  The furnace hasn't run at all today.

Our meals are definitely on the summery side this week.  Now let's cross our fingers and hope the weather co-operates.


Chili:  We had homemade hamburgers last night, so tonight we'll use the rest of the ground beef I defrosted and make chili.  No real recipe.  I've been making chili for years, so I generally just wing it.  Ground beef, tomatoes, onion, beans and spices will definitely go in the pot.  We'll see if anything else inspires me.

Potato/tuna salad:  Last time I tried to make this, I discovered my green beans had turned to mush in the fridge.  I substituted broccoli, and it was fine.  I'll hit the farm stand tomorrow and see what looks freshest.  

Greek chicken salad: I will use this recipe, but will substitute store-bought dressing.  I will make my own marinade though.  

Pasta with zucchini and lemon: A very easy recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.  The recipe name pretty much says it all.

Hotdogs:  Because it's summer.  Because it's easy.  Because my usual food restrictions have pretty much gone out the window since the pandemic started.  

Ribs:  Hubby got himself a copy of Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling.  So glad he did.  These ribs will take several hours, but they will be so worth the wait.

(Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen