Sunday, July 12, 2020

Meal Plan July 12 - 18


In spite of our October-esque weather, summer produce is at its peak. (Seriously, our furnace is still kicking in most mornings.) That means lots of salads and vegetable-heavy meals this week.



This Week's Recipes:

Stir-fry Chicken and Summer Squash: I'll be using this recipe as a guide, though our version will be lighter on the chicken and much heavier on the zucchini/summer squash.  Don't want to let any of my Sleeping Cougar Acres produce go to waste.  

Quinoa with Grilled Veggies and Pesto:  Tomorrow I'll be making a fresh batch of pesto with the kale and garlic scapes from my Sleeping Cougar Acres haul.  I'll use the recipes below as guidelines.  I found them on the internet years ago, but I can't seem to find them again.  Good thing I jotted them down.  I'll make the biggest batch I can.  Most of it will get tucked into the freezer for future use.  


Sloppy Joes:  Another freezer meal from this recipe.  Almost time to make another batch.

Pasta with Beet Pesto:  This stuff, also rescued from the freezer, is so good.  Pink pasta for the win. I'll definitely make this again.

Potato Salad with Tuna and Green Beans: Something like this, with sliced tomatoes on the side.

I'm beginning to see some patterns in my meal planning now that I'm back at work.  Pasta on Wednesdays.  Meatless Mondays.  Lots of salads and veggies. Simple, mostly-made-from-scratch meals to keep us well-fed even on the stressful days.

(*Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen