Monday, July 6, 2020

Marvellous Marvin Monday

My sister chose this picture for Marvellous Marvin Monday:  



She thinks Marvin is upset because I interrupted his bath.  She imagines the scenario went something like this:

"HEY", Marvin shouts. "GET OUT OF HERE! Never have I ever done that to you! You have no respect for me!  Get out!  I'm having a bath!" 

You're dumbfounded and turn to give him the privacy he demanded.  Then you realize what he's saying and stop in your tracks.

"First thing,"  you say, "don't ever talk to me like that. Remember who feeds you!  Second, you have definitely come in while I'm taking a bath. You aren't shy about it.  You play with the bubbles and push the cold, wet, shower curtain against me. And that's in spite of the closed door. It's going to be closed and locked from now on. No more pulling my fluffy, white towel off the rack,  rolling on it and getting black cat hair all over it. 

You, my dear cat, if you deserved the privacy you don't give to others, wouldn't get it anyway.    YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FAMILY ROOM,  IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COUCH, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, IN YOUR BIRTHDAY SUIT, HAVING A BATH! IF YOU WANT PRIVACY, YOU GET OUT OF HERE!"

The reality wasn't nearly so dramatic.  Marvin just glanced at me then continued licking his butt. 


If this isn't enough Marvin for you, you can follow him on Instagram.  He's @marvinmeowmeow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen