Sunday, July 19, 2020

Meal Plan July 19 - 25

I realized after I photographed this week's meal plan that there are some holes.  I forgot to plan lunch for Friday or supper for Saturday.  Part of me is tempted to rush around and rethink the week's meals.  The larger part of me is OK winging it.  If it means take-out Friday and Saturday, I'll go with it.


This week's recipes:

Quinoa with grilled veggies and sausage:  No real recipe.  Cook quinoa. Grill veggies and sausage.  Chop veggies and sausage.  Mix everything together and top with balsamic vinaigrette.  

Korean Beef Udon Noodles: So much for Meatless Monday.  This recipe will allow me to use up some mushrooms I found in the fridge.  Instead of stir-frying the beef, I'll get Hubby to grill it.

Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad: I tried this recipe a few weeks ago.  This time, I'll be one step closer to the actual recipe.  I remembered to buy an avocado!  I'm subbing chicken breast for chicken thighs again, and there won't be cilantro.  Hubby is on Team Cilantro-Tastes-Like-Soap. I don't mind it, but I'll happily substitute parsley from our garden instead.

Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad:  Several years ago I was selected to test recipes for Chatelaine Magazine.  This was one of them.  I takes a bit longer than 15 minutes to bring everything together, but not much longer.  Will be substituting chickpeas for Romano beans, as I couldn't find Romano beans at the store.

Zucchini Cakes:  These easy pancakes are making another appearance.  I'm trying to use up the last of the zucchini in my freezer before this year's crop starts to arrive on my doorstep.  My friends regularly gift me with zucchini.  My kind of gift!

(Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen