Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Green Heart


Morning Coffee Sessions with Firefly Creative Writing continue.  Yesterday, Chris had us start by listing things we had noticed over the weekend. We were encouraged to remember tastes, smells and sounds.  By the time we were finished we had something for each of the senses.

My list was quite short.

This surprised me, because my weekend was full, all things considered.

There was pizza and beer with Hubby followed by a Zoom meeting with friends on Friday night.

On Saturday there was a trip over the river and through the town to pick up an order from the local bookstore.

On Sunday there was a long drive through the countryside and along the ocean.

Yet where were the sounds? The smells? The tastes? The colours? The faces? The light?

It made me see how distracted I am.  And it made me realize how important it is to get out of my head from time to time.  

Photographing hearts helps.   It allows me pay more attention to the world around me.  

I will admit that my attention is imperfect.  Often I walk right by a heart before I register that it is a heart.  I wonder what people think when they see me backtracking to take pictures like the one above.    

Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen