Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Postcard from the Past

This mysterious postcard was in my mailbox yesterday.  


I don't know anyone who is travelling. Is anyone travelling? And, as the postcard-writer pointed out, Rainbow Falls Provincial Park is closed, as are all provincial parks.  

The postcard was signed, so that mystery was solved, though I still couldn't figure out how this person could be at Rainbow Falls.  We've chatted on the phone recently.  I know in this age of cell phones she could be anywhere in the world, but background noise made it sound like she was here in town.  We commented on being able to hear the same planes overhead the last time we talked.

Yet she claims she isn't here.  And she won't tell me how she accomplished this.  She's having so much fun having the park and its animals to herself that she won't share her secret.  

Except, the postcard provided a clue.


1996.  She's not only traveled in space, she's travelled in time.  That can only mean one thing.  What I thought was a walk-in closet when I toured her new house is actually a TARDIS!  I wonder if she's a Time Lord, or if the TARDIS came with the house?

As soon as this pandemic is over I'm heading to her place. There are a few places in  space/time I'd like to check out.  It's going to be awesome having a friend with a TARDIS, and, in the mean time, it's nice to have something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen