Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Teddy Chicken


Last week a friend emailed to tell me about another window-decorating movement.  In addition to hearts, local educators are asking people to put teddy bears in their windows so children can go bear hunting.  They hope to encourage children and their families to get up, get out and get moving.

I think this is a lovely idea, though I won't be participating.  Our home has been bear-free for years.  I'd have to make a bear if I wanted to play along, and that's not happening.  The mask project was enough.

I suggested that I could raid my lingerie drawer for a teddy of the lacy variety, but my friend felt that subjecting tender, young minds to my tattered, old underpinnings would be akin to child abuse.  I probably should have made clear that I wasn't planning on hanging out in the window wearing the teddy.

Perhaps teddy-chicken would be a reasonable substitute.  In his disrobed state he is, in fact, a little bare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen