Sunday, April 5, 2020

Ephemeral Hearts


Each time I go out I notice more hearts. Some are modest; some are elaborate; some are bursting with rainbow colours. Some have been up for so long that they are starting to fade.  They're in windows, and on sign posts.  Someone has decorated the backs of local stop signs with hearts that appear to have been torn from brown paper bags.  Yesterday we saw a roadside mailbox covered in hearts cut from Lucky Lager cases.  

I'm also starting to notice hearts of a more ephemeral nature. There are hearts in the clouds, and in the foam on my coffee.  I noticed the heart above on the kitchen counter last evening.  They're everywhere.  Symbols of hope, love, unity, joy, gratitude, and in the case of the heart above, serendipity.  I'll take it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen