Saturday, February 1, 2020

New Board. No Plan


This week we are going with a no-plan plan.  What we have are meal suggestions based on what is in the house.  Why?  Well, I've been sick, and I've likely passed along my germs to Hubby.  I suspect that neither of us is going to feel like cooking this week, and, when we do, we likely won't know what we want to eat ahead of time.

I'm relying heavily on a cookbook I got from the library.  "The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs" is full of quick easy recipes, and, as it's by America's Test Kitchen, I'm assuming they are reliable as well.  I've pre-made both soups, and the quick tastes I had were quite good considering the simplicity of the recipes.  

Soup, grilled cheese (in the form of quesadillas), eggs, one-pot meals, items from the freezer and take-out.  Easy, comforting food to get us through what I expect will be a long week.

(*Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen