Sunday, July 9, 2017

Everyday Adventures - Day 6 - Try Something New

Try something new.

Ummmm.

Like what?

Maybe berry-picking? 

I hadn't been berry-picking in years, and I'd never been to Ash Berry Farm. Heck, I didn't even know where it was.

So an almost-new experience made fresh by a new location. That should count. Particularly when you add the fact that I went by myself.  

Yup.  Until this week I had never considered going berry-picking by myself.  I had always thought of "picking" as a group activity - something to share with your family and friends. That's how it's usually depicted. Do a Google-image search for "u pick farms" and you'll see what I mean.  Lots of apple-cheeked children with berry-stained lips. Families. A few young couples. Farmers. Nary a solitary middle-aged woman in sight.

As a result, going to the strawberry patch on my own felt rather adventurous. 

And if that wasn't adventurous enough, when I arrived, I misread the sign directing visitors to the parking lot. I went left too soon, and after a drive down a curved, rocky, bumpy track I found... chickens! 

Not only was there no parking lot, there was nowhere to turn around.  I had to back down the curved, rocky, bumpy track. Not a problem for most people. I am not one of those people. Just the thought made me cringe, but I did it with relative ease.  All part of the adventure, right?

And worth it.  After a quick chat with the wonderfully friendly Miguel, I hit the strawberry patch.  I picked 6 pounds of berries, not counting the ones I ate. What a wonderful way to spend the morning! Another successful everyday adventure.


elusivelaurie shared on Instagram #EverydayAdventures2017




2 comments:

  1. what a great way to spend these summer days ...looking forward to 'armchair' adventuring with you. (I'm too lazy to actually adventure myself)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen