Saturday, July 15, 2017

Everyday Adventures - Day 12 - Make a New Friend

Make a new friend.  On a work day. Not going to happen. Just....no.

So, do I skip this adventure? I didn't want to do that either, so I asked Hubby to forward the picture below:

Photo courtesy of Hubby
Georgia dressed for the day.  Note the maple leaf collar. 

This is Georgia.  We met her, and her people, on Canada Day. Though, as you can tell, she wasn't particularly interested in us, we were quite taken with her. She was going to be my "new friend", until I told Hubby why I wanted the picture.  He suggested that we actually make, as in construct, new friends. This was such a great idea that I decided we had to do it.

We had a gleeful, if brief, time "making" our friends. We could have spent longer on them, but it turns out that the cheap clay I picked up for the project was kinda unpleasant to work with. Still, we had fun, and I love the results.  Meet our new friends:

elusivelaurie shared on Instagram #EverydayAdventures2017

They're still sitting on my dining room table.  I don't have the heart to squish them out of existence.  They make me smile every time I see them. I might have to keep them as a souvenir of this tiny adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen