Saturday, July 22, 2017

Everyday Adventures - Day 19 - Camp

Camp. Another nearly impossible adventure.  I'd like to say it's because I was working, so camping wasn't an option, but that's not completely true.  The reality is, I don't camp. I used to camp. My parents took us camping a number of times when we were kids. I even have happy memories of those trips, but I don't camp now. You might convince me to "glamp", but only if you can promise me a spider-free bathroom experience.

So, how to take part in this adventure? Take a photo of our unused camping equipment? Skulk through a local campground on my lunchbreak snapping photos of unsuspecting campers? Rocky Horror Picture Show costume selfie

I spent a lot of time thinking about this. Time likely better spent doing other things. Like my job, though it was at work where I had my aha moment. I looked out the window and saw sailboats. A string of tiny sailboats. Sailing camp!

 
elusivelaurie shared on Instagram #EverydayAdventures2017
Can you see the string of sailboats in the distance?

And around the corner from my workplace you can catch a glimpse of the cadets' summer training camp.  Sometimes you can hear them too.  When I took the picture below, I could hear cheering and laughter.  Last week, when I was in Royston, I could hear gunfire. 

Last week gunfire. This week laughter.

I'm glad I remembered there's more than one way to look at "camp". I hope our local campers are enjoying their adventures...and a spider-free bathroom experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen