Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sunday Bonus Recipe: Chickpea Salad



Ok, this isn't really a recipe.  It's more like a suggestion, or a suggestion of a recipe. 

I was inspired by this recipe for Buffalo Chickpea Salad.  I wasn't in the mood for spicy, but when I saw the recipe, I realized that I can use chickpeas in the same way I'd use tuna, eggs or chicken in salad. The "recipe" below is based on what I had in the fridge at the time.  I didn't measure anything, so you're going to have to use your judgement based on your requirements, your tastes and the items your fridge.

Chickpea Salad

chickpeas - either home cooked or canned
celery - diced fine
red onion- diced fine
mayonnaise
mustard - Dijon or yellow
dill pickle juice
salt 
pepper

  • Mash chickpeas with a fork or a potato masher
  • Stir in veggies
  • Add mustard, mayo, pickle juice, salt and pepper
  • Stir again
  • Taste and add more of whatever you think it needs.
(*Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen