Sunday, February 16, 2020

Green is the Colour

Changing plans and extra leftovers meant that last week's meal plan  shifted a bit toward the end of the week.  Still, everything in the fridge got used up, no extra groceries were required, and we didn't have to resort to take-out.  A good week!

This week more fresh veggies landed in my cart, though some on-the-fly substitutions had to be made when the desired item was too expensive or too withered to buy.

Asparagus, broccolette, avocado and living lettuce all followed me home.  I must be craving green things!  (The asparagus was part of our Valentine's Day dinner and our post-Valentine's Day breakfast, so it doesn't appear on the board.)


Still experimenting with ways to set up the new board.
I'm still relying heavily on root veggies and items from the freezer to fill out the week.

I also found a new cookbook at the library. "Prep: The Essential College Cookbook" by Katie Sullivan Morford has been a fun reminder that cooking doesn't have to be complicated.  Unless I choose to make it complicated.  Like when I decided that the "Mix-in-the-Pan Applesauce Cake" had to have homemade applesauce.  At least I decided that I could let go of using homemade yogurt!

Other than that, I'm relying on cookbooks that have been in my kitchen for ages.  That includes one prepared for me by my mother when I moved away from home.  I've had the spiral-bound note book for so long it is stained and falling apart.  It looks terrible, but the recipes are great!  


(*Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen