Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Bonus Recipe: Hubby's Scrambled Eggs with Kimchi

The plague lingers.  

Hubby has served the following for breakfast on the last two mornings, and I can't tell you how much I've appreciated it.  It's yummy, it opens congested airways, and I didn't have to make it.  

Hubby's Scrambled Eggs with Kimchi

Serves 2

3 eggs
kimchi
hot sauce
dried thyme
salt
pepper
milk
water

  • Scoop out kimchi and allow liquid to drain
  • Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk
  • Add a few splashes of hot sauce, a pinch of dried thyme, a splash of milk and a splash of water to the eggs and whisk some more
  • Cook eggs in a skillet
  • Add kimchi when eggs are almost cooked
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Again this is more of a suggestion than a recipe. Adjust it as you like to make it your own.

And here's a bonus, bonus recipe.

Hot Teddy

hot water
lemon slices
orange slices
ginger slices
honey
cayenne 

This one is even less of a recipe than the one above.  It's a suggestion of a suggestion of a recipe.  I call it "Hot Teddy" because it's like a hot toddy without the booze.  I'm guessing that makes it more kid-friendly.  Like a teddy bear.

It started as hot water with a lemon slice and a pinch of cayenne.  This is what I mean by a pinch:


That's a standard teaspoon.  The bit on the tip is as much as I need.  You may want more, or less.

The next time I made it I added a slice of orange to the lemon and cayenne.  The time after that I added honey.  After that, a couple slices of peeled ginger.  I find that after I sip a cup of this my chest feels less awful, at least for a little while.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen