Monday, March 18, 2013

When Irish Eyes are Blinded

I saw this dress in a shop window last year, and I had to have it. It was just what I needed to quench my thirst for colour




Yesterday, in honour of Saint Patrick's Day, I paired it with a very green cardigan and black accessories. I knew it was a bright outfit when I looked in the mirror, but it wasn't until I saw the photos that I realized how blinding it was. What a difference daylight makes! In fact, the ensemble might have been a bit too loud for my line of work.  I did get a couple of compliments from the Celtic contingent, so it wasn't all bad.

Hope you all had a lovely, bright, green weekend. 

Linking up with Patti and the crew for Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style

8 comments:

  1. Bright, green, and so pretty! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brightness! Where I live, spring is really being slow to make an appearance, so I need all the cheering-up I can get. :)

    I wore a green cardigan on St Paddy's Day too...and my emerald eye shadow look is featured on my post today.

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brights! found you via Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a gorgeous dress! Love the colors and your green sweater is perfect for St Patty's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not blinded ... but happy to see you in your colors! Great choices, you'll wear it all summer.
    And you need to stay away with the damned dinosaurs!
    You'll need to show us this again around july with your summery sandals or shoes ... too cute to show just once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, Cindy, Tracey, Jan and Jeannie. Thank you so much for your kind comments. You made my Monday as bright as my outfit, and my Monday was greatly in need of brightening. I'm so very fortunate to have connected with such a lovely group. Thanks to Patti for allowing us all to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe our paths haven't crossed before. Thanks for popping by my blog and saying Hi. I love your colour in this outfit. Bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sue! Welcome! We West Coast women have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen