Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Clearing and Keeping

The clutter clearing continues. 

I unearthed an old journal from my teaching days yesterday. Those were angst-filled times for me, and I couldn't imagine ever wanting to re-read those pages. I considered tossing the journal until it fell open to the following entry from 1993: 

Nadine* told me an absolutely hysterical story at lunch today. She regretted the fact that she never writes these things down, so I'm doing it for her.

Thursday Nadine filled in in the SCC. She talked about happy and sad, then had the kids guess if she was making a happy or a sad face. Eventually the kids wanted to try making faces, so they took turns with Nakyla going last. Nakyla turned to the class with an emotionless expression on her face. The kids guessed happy, sad, happy, sad until they had to give up. When Nadine asked Nakyla "What are you?" Nakyla replied "A pineapple".

I had forgotten that story. Too funny.

I decided to keep the journal after all. 

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent. And me.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen