Friday, September 4, 2020

Surprise!

We usually do take-out on Friday.  Last week we picked up...


Charcuterie from Runge's Deli!


When "charcuterie" appears on our meal plan, it usually means cheese, crackers, Salt Spring Kitchen Co's Onion and Thyme jam, salami and whatever pickled items we have in the fridge.  My DIY charcuterie looks nothing like this.  That's 2.5 pounds of food.  And that's the box for two! And those purple cubes in the lower left, that's lavender cheese.  Cheese made with lavender.  Who knew? I still don't know what those bright red berries are, but they were delicious.

We ordered the box ahead of time.  The staff asked a few questions about food allergies and spice tolerance, then they chose what went in the box.  Then it was just a matter of picking it up on Friday.  Couldn't have been easier.  I'm so glad we did it.  What a treat.

*CORRECTION:  I just checked my receipts and that was the three person box.  When I placed my order, I wasn't sure what sized box would be appropriate for Hubby and I.  I thought I had ordered two.  I thought wrong.  Now I know for sure the two-person box would be big enough.  Heck, we would probably be OK with the one-person box. That's a lot of food!

 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! i had no idea such a service existed at Runge's! Thanks Laurie. Mmmmmmm...
    S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen