Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lurking Leads To Listening Leads To Lurking...

A strange restlessness, that may or may not have been a deeply disguised urge to write, led to my lurking on other blogs. While snooping at Life, Love, and Food I discovered a link to The Splendid Table. As I'm always looking for something to listen to while I walk, I downloaded an episode. That episode featured an interview with Stefan Gates. Glow-in-the-dark Jello and vegetable orchestras were discussed. Gates even created a parsnip kazoo while on-air.  His silliness inspired yesterday's post. It was no parsnip kazoo, but it was a start. 


The episode also had a caller asking for brunch ideas. Savoury bread pudding was suggested, which was handy as I had purchased a loaf of day-old rye bread to have with the borscht. I didn't know what I was going to do with the rest of the loaf until I heard that suggestion.  I couldn't find the recipe they discussed in the podcast, so I lurked around on other blogs until I found a recipe I could adapt to what I had in the kitchen. 


The bread pudding was OK. The results may have been better if I had stuck to the recipe. I'll definitely try again, so it wasn't a complete waste.  And if I consider that it led back here to my writing it wasn't a waste at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen