Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Catching Up

I'm at my desk with a list, scribbled on a yellow legal pad, in front of me. It details all the things I've wanted to share with you since my last post.  Expect to hear from me a few times this week while I get caught up.  

Today I want to let you know that the marvelous Meghan Telpner of Making Love in the Kitchen has released a new tutorial.  I think this one, Healing with Everyday Superfoods, is my favourite so far.

If you've ever wondered why goji berries are so special, or were puzzled about what to do with the gravelly little suckers once you got them home, then this tutorial is for you. It covers everything from exotic foods like goji berries and maca, to everyday foods like cauliflower and rutabaga.  Meghan gives you the health benefits for each type of food and provides tips for incorporating more of these foods into your diet.  She's included recipes, and for those of you who are up to the challenge, there's a five day meal plan based on super-delicious superfoods.


As always, Meghan handles her topic in an informative and humorous way.  You'll learn the basics of Hippocratic Medicine, discover the shortfalls of food guides and hear her 88-year-old grandmother's thoughts on calories.  (I think Meghan's grandmother is adorable.)  There's a lot of information in this little package.

For those of us who might feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of material in the tutorial, Meghan will be hosting the 5 Days Healing with Everyday Superfoods Challenge.  Starting April 18, and through the duration of the challenge, Meghan will offer Twitter coaching and respond to superfood-related email questions and blog comments.  Participants get support from Meghan and from each other through her blog, making the challenge, well, much less challenging.  


If you're feeling up to the challenge, or if you're ready to explore some new and healthy foods, check out Meghan's newest tutorial here.  Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen