Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making Connections

Writing about local food gives me the opportunity to connect with many Vancouver Islanders. Some of them know me as a writer, but more know me as a regular shopper. Getting to know the people in my community is more fun than I expected. I can be rather shy you know. (My friends and family can stop laughing now.)

This week, as a result of my visit to Natural Pastures, I've been in touch with Karen from Bite Sized Specialty Foods. She's preparing for her cooking demo at Natural Pastures on Monday, and what she has planned so far sounds wonderful. Fruited pepper jelly combined with Natural Pastures cheese makes my mouth water just thinking about it. If you can't make it on Monday, be sure to check out Karen's new blog where you can see what she's up to, find where Bite Sized items are available and discover some yummy-sounding recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen