Friday, July 3, 2009

Back in the Garden

In spite of evidence to the contrary, I have not vanished from the blogosphere. I have been off travelling and visiting family. I've actually been home for a while now, but it's taken me this long to get back into the swing of things. Today was my first visit to Sleeping Cougar Acres since June 2. Wow, have things changed. Plants that were wee sprouts when I left are full grown and thriving. Some have even started to bear fruit. Conditions were obviously perfect while I was away. Mind you, the weeds have enjoyed the situation too. I spent much of my time this morning pulling them up by the roots. It's a more satisfying chore than you'd think. And I came home with cucumber, zucchini and green pepper. I feel like I was well rewarded for my efforts.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen