Friday, January 24, 2020

Weekend Work Worked!

Well, the power stayed on, and all last week's meals went as planned.  Even the weekend Instant Pot marathon was managed.  I did have to start Friday night though.  I cooked the beets for Saturday's salad while we ate Chinese take-out and watched back-to-back episodes of "Lost in Space".  Date night for geeks.  🥰

On Saturday the yogurt was out of the Instant Pot by 4pm and the chowder was in by 5pm.  I was feeling pretty good about my organization skills, so I was tempted to try slow-cooking the lentil Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot on Sunday before starting the chili.  I resisted temptation.  I haven't used the slow cooker function on the Instant Pot yet, and, as I've found the recipe a bit tricky in my traditional slow cooker, I decided to stick with the plan and use the stove top.  

As I expected, it meant that we spent a lot of time in the kitchen last weekend, but it really paid off during the week.  There were a couple of days when I could hear the drive-thru calling me on the way home from work.  The only thing that kept me from loading up on burgers and fries was the knowledge that dinner was waiting at home.

(Not that I'm against burgers and fries, but if I'm going to take that route, there are better options than drive-thru fare.)

(*Note:  I don't get anything for the links above.  They're there for your information.  Hope you find them useful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen