Sunday, July 3, 2016

Weekly West Coast 2016 - Avatar Grove Edition


More photos from our west coast of the west coast adventure.  These ones are courtesy of Hubby. We were barely into Avatar Grove when I realized it was too gloomy for my iPhone's capabilities.  I also realized that I was going to need my hands for balance. And for swatting at oversized, yet strangely non-biting, mosquitoes.  The iPhone went back in my pack and stayed there for the duration of the hike.  I was particularly relieved that it was safely stowed when, on leaving the forest, I noticed a spider dangling from the brim of my hat.  Serious arm-flailing ensued. I think I scared the couple arriving as much as the spider scared me.  

Still, arachnophobic panic aside, the forest was beautiful and awe-inspiring.  I could easily imagine the Na'vi living on the other side of the mist.

Have a great week all! Sending you warm thoughts wherever you are! (And to those of you living in lands experiencing overwhelming summer, I send cool, misty thoughts!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen