Monday, February 1, 2010

Drum Roll Please!

The winner of the Five Dollar Brambles Challenge is....Christy!  You're lucky commenter number three. (We're such geeks here. The winner was determined by rolling a ten-sided die.  It seemed appropriate, as there were ten players.) Since I know where to find you, I'll make sure your gift certificate is delivered to you soon.

Thanks to everyone who commented.  I wasn't sure that anyone would participate after my lengthy absence.  In fact, I was so uncertain that I wouldn't let Brambles' Angeline donate the gift certificate for the contest.  I was worried that no one would play and I'd end up using the gift certificate myself.  Thanks for saving me that embarrassment! 

(That's also one of the reasons that the gift certificate was a mere five dollars. The first reason was that I thought five dollars was a manageable amount, particularly for those who'd never been to Brambles.  I didn't want to scare anyone off by requiring that they spend a lot of money.  The second reason is that I'm cheap!)  


Thanks again to everyone who played, and congratulations Christy!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Christy! Have fun Brambling.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for playing Connie. Glad you enjoyed your sausages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not take part in the contest...What a great idea with ten sided dice!
    You have agreat sense of Humor, Laurie!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the gift card it was a great contest. My gift card helped me purchase some lovely scones (I was shopping hungry, BAD idea) and some awesome sausages (Cubin) they were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are most welcome Christy. I'm so glad you found more good things to buy with your new-found wealth. I must admit another worry I had about the contest was that the gift-certificate wouldn't get used. Another embarrassing moment avoided! Thanks for playing and for shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! Sorry you didn't get a chance to enter the contest. Maybe next time. This time was so much fun that I'm pretty sure there will be a next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definitely do it again, Laurie! There's so much enthusiasm around here for Brambles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rosiecat. I hope the next game is one that everyone can play.

    BTW, the folks at Brambles were thrilled your use of the word "Brambling". Here's what they had to say:

    "I love the word 'Brambling' could that mean the search and discovery of all things healthy and local???"

    You know you're a writer when you create new words! Good on you Rosiecat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurie, that made me so happy! I Brambled over to my local foods store today, where I bought a three-pound cabbage for 99 cents! It was practically a steal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen