Sunday, April 12, 2009

3 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse

In looking again at yesterday's photo of my Farmers' Market goodies, I've noticed that there are only two colours represented. Brown and green.

We've already made dents in foods of each colour. The croissants were breakfast yesterday morning, and the paska started our day today. Two of the potatoes became garlic mashed potatoes at dinner last night. I know you can't tell from the picture, but those potatoes are huge. Two potatoes made enough mash for dinner with leftovers for lunch today. The salad greens, arugula and pea shoots joined some previously purchased spinach to make an enormous green salad. I won't have to make salad again for a few days, and there are still lots of greens left in the fridge. That's a good thing. I've embarked on a project where I'm really going to need them.

I've signed up for the 3-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse over at Meghan Telpner's Making Love in the Kitchen. Meghan is a Certified Nutritionist and Holistic Lifestyle Consultant. I wish I had such a cool title. I've been following her blog for a while now. I even won some of her wonderful granola for being able to identify the ingredient list from a box of Pop Tarts. I've never eaten a Pop Tart, but being able to identify the ingredients probably means I'm in need of this cleanse.

The cleanse is going to be a bit of an adventure for me, as I've never tried such a thing before. It's a bit crazy and out of character, but the timing seems right, so I've decided to take the plunge. I bought extra greens at the market yesterday so I can gradually add them to my smoothies this week in preparation for the big start next Sunday. (Local greens in my smoothie make me smile.) I hope you will click on the link in the sidebar and check it out, and I hope some of you will join me on this adventure. It would be nice to have someone to commiserate/celebrate with.

PS. Having tasted the arugula, I doubt that I'll use it in my smoothies. It packs more punch that I expected. On second thought, as I'm guessing this cleanse won't include caffeine, I may need that extra kick in my morning smoothie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen