Monday, October 20, 2008

McCraving

I’m reading Michael Pollan’s “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”. After reading about the feedlot and the processing plant, I was sure I’d never want beef or processed food again. Then I started reading Pollan’s description of his fast food meal. I suddenly felt like my will to make wise food choices had been overruled by a demonic lolcat demanding a cheezburger. Such is the power of his writing. Fortunately Pollan then went on to describe what was in a McNugget, so I was able to resist the pull of the Golden Arches. That, and a friend called and asked me to go for a walk. It never hurts to have a little extra insurance when battling the forces of processed carbs and fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen