Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Writers Writing about Writing

There never seems to be enough time in my day for writing, so when I do manage to carve out a few minutes, I'd rather write than read about writing.

Lately, though, thanks to Firefly Creative Writing, I'm writing regularly. Their Morning Coffee Sessions mean I'm up with a pen in my hand three days a week.  I've enjoyed my scribbling so much that I decided to take the plunge and sign up for one of Firefly's beginner workshops.  Now that I'm more confident in my commitment to write, I feel like there might be room to read about writing.

Natalie Goldberg and Anne Lamott are names that come up again and again.  Both have books about writing, so I splurged and placed an order with my local bookshop.  The books arrived last week.  Neither book has opened yet, but I'm already enjoying them.  There should be a word that sums up the delightful anticipation of opening a brand-new book.





2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen