Friday, March 21, 2014

Travelling, Touring Sketchbook

I've been slow in sharing my sketchbook pages here, but that doesn't mean things haven't been happening. My sketchbook, along with thousands of others that form The Sketchbook Project's Mobile Library, hit the road last weekend. The tour started in Brooklyn, NY at the Brooklyn Art Library. From there it will visit more than twenty cities on its journey across North America. A big adventure for my modest sketchbook. I'm rather excited about it.

What's even more exciting is that I've already received an email from my sketchbook. Yep. I get letters from my art, or rather on behalf of my art.
Hello!
We just wanted to let you know that leah l. just viewed your sketchbook (#S130320) at Brooklyn Art Library in Brooklyn, NY!
Your book has been viewed 1 time so far.
Sincerely,
The Brooklyn Art Library Librarian
Cool, huh? Whenever someone views my sketchbook I get an email notification. The above note made my day.

Today my sketchbook, and its arty friends, is hanging out in Richmond, VA at the Virginia Commonweath University from 1:00 - 5:00 pm. I know it's rather late notice, but if you happen to be in the area stop by and check things out. In particular, check out my sketchbook. I'd love to hear from it again, and I'd love for you to see my completed sketchbook. 


Want to see what I've shared so far? I've created a page for my sketchbook. Just click on the tab way up at the top of the page.

Next stop. Asheville, North Carolina.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen