Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's up at Sleeping Cougar Acres?

I recently brought home rhubarb from Sleeping Cougar Acres. It went into crumble and sauce and there was plenty left to freeze. There were signs this week that there will be plenty more to reward us for our work before the summer is over.

If you look closely, you can see tiny bunches of grapes beginning to appear


What once looked like a vineyard of bare sticks is beginning to green up.


First squash! There wasn't even a vegetable bed here when I started to visit the farm.

Blueberries are flowering. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a crop like the one I heard about last year.

On Monday this was a bare vegetable plot. By Friday there was the beginning of peas...

... and corn.

I'm finding helping on the farm to be rather exciting. There's something new each week. New projects, new things to learn and this week new growth. It's going to be an interesting summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen